Visual Arts Instructional Designer
Operate independently to design and develop visual and interactive learning solutions to support the overall curriculum and Technology Training Services. Contribute to the development of graphic design materials for online, e-learning and instructor-led course development, develop and design training and instructor materials, develop audio/visual online performance support solutions, and learning evaluation.
• Proactively consult with subject matter experts to identify and formulate learning objectives and content.
• Collaborate with instructional designers, project managers, platform administrators, and web/software developers to coordinate and execute production in a timely fashion.
• Develop content for class presentations.
• Design e-learning materials and educational support solutions.
• Brainstorm with the training team to come up with new ideas, patterns, and styles.
• Stay up-to-date with new visual design techniques and software.
• Hands-on experience with Adobe design software applications.
• Design draft sketches for course storyboards and prototypes.
• Design and develop course content, instructor and participant materials, including performance support materials.
• Develop and design promotional course and training materials.
• Implement, evaluate and maintain learning solutions.
• Develop and deliver Train-the-Trainer or staff development programs.
• May participate in extensive user acceptance testing and quality measurement for newly created courses and web materials.
• Interact with team members during the design, development and implementation process as needed.
• Share best practices through cross-campus collaboration and instructional design community.
* – Other duties may also be assigned.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Arts and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated proficiency in creating graphic sketches, images, and layouts by hand and using design software.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in consulting with business partners and subject matter experts to assess learning needs and recommend sound solutions.
• Proficient in working with digital visual media and design software to create complete new designs, illustrations, and visuals.
• Ability to conceptualize and develop visuals based on content requirements and utilize colors, graphics, and effects to better convey concepts.
• Ability to edit videos, use instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
• Ability to clearly and succinctly convey learning content in a manner that engages learners and improves retention rates.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, After effects and other post tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and methods.
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience in industry-standard digital tools, graphics media, audio, animation, and video production tools to create impactful courses.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of learning materials.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
Candidates must provide a link to their design and video work to be considered.
Source : eLearning Industry